Typical of Noctua, the box for the NH-L12S looks like all the rest. At the top, we are shown that this is an L-Type low-profile cooler, and a sticker mentions that this is the successor to the award-winning NH-L12. We also find features listed, where you can either run low-profile or in a high-clearance mode with the NF-A12x15 PWM fan and that the cooler uses SecuFirm2 mounting.
The right side of the box discusses all of the features found on the front, but this time with much detail involved. Not only are there images showing what is being mentioned, but there is description discussing the advantages of each feature.
In eight languages, on the back of the box, we are offered the theory behind why Noctua designed the NH-L12S, and why. Along with the UPC and EAN codes, we see the cooler is made in Taiwan and comes with a six-year warranty.
The last of the panels is what we are looking at in this picture. The larger section of the panel is used to offer specifications on the heat sink and the NF-A12x15 PWM fan, as well as to show what comes in the box. To the right, under the name of the product, we find a pair of renderings, which are used to show the dimensions of the CPU cooler.
Inside of the box, the first thing you will run into is the marked hardware and accessories box. This contains all of the mounting hardware for both camps, as well as a few extra bits to help with installation. Under it is a section of cardboard which is made to surround the base of the cooler and keep the hardware from touching it.
The lowest section houses the fin stack and fan, while the pipes are exposed on this side. Overkill works well, and with such elaborate packaging, we are not shocked that our NH-L12S is in terrific condition right out of the box.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit