Today we have one of ASRock's second wave X299 motherboards, with improvements mainly made to the power delivery system. When most X299 motherboards were introduced, most of them had one issue; they couldn't easily handle an overclocked Intel HCC CPU. Intel's High Core Count (HCC) CPUs have more than 10 CPU cores, and they can pull over 500W from the motherboard's VRM when overclocked to 4.4GHz or higher.
While many people can overclock their CPUs to 4.4GHz easily, they typically are throttling due to internal protection mechanisms built into the VRM. So, like many vendors, ASRock went back to the drawing board, and they have now released much stronger motherboards designed solely to handle an overclocked Intel HCC CPU.
The Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE offers dual Intel NICs, a 10Gbit NIC, Wireless AC, USB 3.1, USB 3.0, and SATA6Gb/s.
The Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE costs $422.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit