Benchmarks – Mixed Workloads
SSDs stretch their legs with mixed workloads. In Database and the RS217, we see a peak of 3500 IOPS with SSDs in RAID 0 and 2000 IOPS RAID 1. With HDDs, we reach 350 IOPS RAID 0 and 200 IOPS RAID 1.
File Server showed better results with RAID 1 SSDs at 2600 IOPs while the HDDs peaked at 250 IOPs RAID 0.
Again, we touched nearly 2800 IOPs with RAID 0 SSDs and 2300 IOPS RAID 1. HDDs closer to 400-450 IOPS in RAID 0 and 200 IOPS RAID 1.
Web Server had both RAID 0 and 1 reaching near 2500 IOPS with our SSDs while the IronWolf 10TB drives chugged away at 250 IOPS in RAID 0 and 300 IOPS in RAID 1.
Last, we have workstation typically our highest performing workload. As you can see, the SSD reached 4000 IOPS in RAID 0 and 3700 IOPS in RAID 1. The HDDs, however, are still at 350 IOPS in RAID 0 and 300IOPS in RAID 1.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology RS217 Two-Bay RackStation retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology RS217 Two-Bay RackStation retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit