Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
Compared to the original, even the packaging has changed. Gone is the bright red splashes of color, in favor is matte black all over. Above the image of the illuminated Viper V570 Blackout, we see its name. Below it, we find features like RGB lighting, 12,000 DPI, adjustable weights, and the hybrid design next to the Viper logo.
Part of the front panel is magnetically attached and can be opened as we see the box here. Inside of the front panel we see mentions of the laser sensor, ceramic foot pads, adjustable weight system, the thirteen programmable buttons, and another nod to the hybrid design. More importantly, opening this panel allows a view of the V570 Blackout, under a layer of plastic.
The image on the right side of the box is slightly blurry, but that is done to draw your eyes to the buttons. This panel highlights the six buttons offered on the left of the V560. Patriot also ends it with the complete name of the product you are viewing.
While we expected more on the back of the box, we find it to be simplistic. Two images of the V570 are shown, one looking at the bottom, pointing out the laser sensor and foot pads, at the top. The lower image shows where to put the weights points to some of the programmable buttons and shows off the sniper button.
While their last panel does come up with a clever way to display the icons, we see more of the same information seen on most other panels as well. We do wish that more information on the specifications were offered outside, and maybe even an image or three featuring the software.
Inside of the box, we find that the V570 Blackout, the adjustable weight container, and the cable are all separated, either with the way the plastic cover is molded or the way the cardboard insert is folded. What we do know, is that while this looks too simple to work effectively for long travel, the Viper V570 Blackout and everything that came with it is in superb condition.
The puck-like container which holds the adjustable weights inside of it has the Viper logo painted on the top, and it has "Gaming Weight Box" embossed into the surface. Inside of the puck, there is a solid rubber insert used to keep the weights in place. There are seven weights in total, and a couple measures 5.8 grams, while the other five totaled 5.9 grams.
Also in the box, but found under the mouse, is a large red envelope with the Viper Logo on the front of it. Upon opening the envelope, inside of it, you find the quick start guide and a pair of Viper logo stickers. Flipping the guide card over, there are mentions of the contents, requirements, and how to plug the mouse in. After that, the features are pointed out, it is shown where to obtain the software, and there is even a troubleshooting section that contains addresses to obtain help.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- Halo 6 won't have battle royale, 343i reiterates
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!