SteelSeries Rival 500 Gaming Mouse
In this image, the Rival 500 is shown to be all and egg shaped. We also notice the rubberized coatings on the front section as well as on the heel, but the buttons are textured plastic. Going around the buttons in a clockwise manner, we see the B5, B4, and B9 buttons across the top. The B8 button is the textured on at the back, and below it is the larger B7 and smaller B6 buttons. As for the textured area with the orange accent, this is not a button, but where you grip the mouse to lift it.
The heel of the mouse has the SteelSeries logo, which is lit up when powered, and the ergonomic section of the mouse is rubberized. Where the top and bottom sections meet, there is an insert with the RIVAL name cut out from the rubber insert. For a custom look, one can 3D print inserts with anything they want to put into it. To make life simple, SteelSeries also provides the 3D template on the site.
The right side of the mouse is shorter than the left side, and where the rubberized heel cover ends, a second rubber section with texture is placed. The small round dots will give your fingers sure grip when you move or reposition the Rival 500.
At the front, the camber of the Rival 500 is more noticeable. We find that there is a gap under the main buttons to allow them to function, and there is an indentation under them, where the cable is connected to center to the mouse.
On top of the Rival 500, buttons B1 and B2 are for the main buttons. B11 and B12 are on the left of the main button, and B13 is found on the right side. The rubberized and segmented scroll wheel can press down and is marked in software as B3. This wheel can also tilt left and right, which delivers B14 and B15. As for the CPI selector button behind it, that is button B10
The cable coming from the mouse is longer than most we test, at a full two meters of length. Since most are against the braided sleeve, SteelSeries send the Rival 500 with a rubberized cable, which terminates in a USB 2.0 connection with the logo present. We also see a tag on the cable, which is the second time we are told where to find the software.
Flipping the Rival 500 onto its back, we located three PTFE feet for the mouse to glide upon, a large one at the front edge, and a pair at the back. The eye of the sensor is centered left to right but is slightly back of center in the other direction. We also see the switch, which when green allows for B6 and B7 functionality. Slide the switch to show red, and these buttons are locked from use and are locked solid for a thumb rest.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries Rival 500 MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries Rival 500 MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit