Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging is quite colorful. We have an image of the NAS itself to the right with leading specifications listed on the left side.
On the backside of the box, you will find a full hardware specifications list in several languages.
The scope of delivery for our sample included the ethernet cable in yellow and power cord to the far right. It did include drive screws and firmware on a USB key as well.
The front of the NAS houses a thick door panel covered in brushed aluminum. The LCD panel can be seen through the door.
The drive bays are tucked away behind the door with a simple locking mechanism in each.
On the back of the unit, we start with eSATA at the top. This is followed by USB 3.0 and two Gbe ports. Moving down, we have dual 10Gbe ports and PCIe expansion.
The backplane for the 626X is SATA only, which does come as a surprise being such a high-end unit.
Removing the chassis cover, we ran into a 2240/60 m.2 slot on the back of the motherboard.
For the most part, the 626X uses a small form factor PC motherboard, it does appear to be a custom design but does include full-length DDR4 slots.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NETGEAR ReadyNAS 6-Bay Ultimate Performance Network Attached Storage, Diskless, 60TB Capacity, Intel Xeon 2.2GHz Quad Core Processor, 8GB RAM (RN626X00-100NES) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure