We have seen a good number of SOHO platforms come from the NETGEAR ReadyNAS lineup but with the buildup of our 10Gbe network earlier this year and the inclusion of the powerful XS708T as the backbone of our new network, it was only right to see what NETGEAR had to offer on the business side of things. We start with the 626X, and later we plan to look at higher spec models as well.
Like many solutions before it, the 626X takes advantage of NETGEAR's ReadyNAS platform firmware. This platform as we call it is structured more towards data storage and not so much on the media or secondary PC front. With that said, the RN626X is an Intel platform NAS solution but goes away from the typical SoC we see in entry-level solutions. Having its roots in business, this platform wraps itself around an Intel Xeon D1521 processor.
Diving into the full specifications list, we see at the top the quad-core Xeon D1521 which does have HT technology enabled for eight threads. This CPU operates at 2.4GHz and is setup with 8GB of DDR4 with ECC, and it's a six-bay platform with support for 120 users.
Maximum capacity is setup at 60TB using 10TB drives with that ballooning up to 110TB with expansion. Supported drives include both 2.5" and 3.5" in HDD and SSD form factors. The expansion is accomplished via the EDA500 chassis and the single eSATA port found on the unit.
Connectivity includes two 1GBe Ethernet ports and two 10Gbe copper ports. USB 3.0 is included with two ports found on the rear and one on the front. The power supply is internal to the system at 200W with a large 120mm cooling fan keeping the unit cool.
The MSRP of the NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X in its diskless form comes in at $1799.99 with a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NETGEAR ReadyNAS 6-Bay Ultimate Performance Network Attached Storage, Diskless, 60TB Capacity, Intel Xeon 2.2GHz Quad Core Processor, 8GB RAM (RN626X00-100NES) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure