MSI has saved the best for what will most likely be last, at least until we get to the next generation GeForce graphics cards that I'm sure NVIDIA is preparing to retaliate with after AMD launches Radeon RX Vega later this month and into August. We have the usual three different overclocking profiles, with Silent/Gaming/Lightning modes.
- Silent Mode: GPU (1480/1582MHz) VRAM (11,016MHz)
- Gaming Mode: GPU (1582/1695MHz) VRAM (11,124MHz)
- Lightning Mode: GPU (1607/1721MHz) VRAM (11,124MHz)
Of course, these are just MSI's recommended GPU clocks - with our sample hitting closer to 1975MHz or so GPU boost clocks. Overclocking wise, we'll get into that soon.
LN2 Mode Switch
MSI slides into its own territory with the inclusion of an LN2 mode switch on their new GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z, so with a single flick of the LN2 switch, your card will switch to another BIOS ready for overclocking under LN2.
The LN2 mode switch will unlock the power, current, and thermal limits, letting you push things to an entirely new level.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz