MSI was the first AIB partner I wanted to see a custom GTX 1080 Ti from, and to my surprise - they were the first to send me a custom GTX 1080 Ti, so I spent my weekend benchmarking and writing my life away. MSI's new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G is a monster of a graphics card, something I'm sure you'll be convinced of by the end of the review.
Until now, if you wanted a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, it had to be NVIDIA's own GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition - which is a kick ass card, but the custom PCB and overclocking ability of the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G is unmatched by the Founders Edition. MSI has put in some detailed work into the new card, with an improved cooler and new fans - all while keeping the GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G completely silent under load.
You should be able to pick up the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G for around $749 in the US, a $50 premium over NVIDIA's own GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition.
MSI provides their usual 3 different OC profiles, with:
- Silent Mode: 1480/1582MHz (GDDR5X @ 11000MHz)
- Gaming Mode: 1544/1657MHz (GDDR5X @ 11008MHz)
- OC Mode: 1569/1683MHz (GDDR5X @ 11124MHz)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G - The Best! retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Twin Frozr VI Detailed]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard