MSI was the first AIB partner I wanted to see a custom GTX 1080 Ti from, and to my surprise - they were the first to send me a custom GTX 1080 Ti, so I spent my weekend benchmarking and writing my life away. MSI's new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G is a monster of a graphics card, something I'm sure you'll be convinced of by the end of the review.
Until now, if you wanted a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, it had to be NVIDIA's own GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition - which is a kick ass card, but the custom PCB and overclocking ability of the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G is unmatched by the Founders Edition. MSI has put in some detailed work into the new card, with an improved cooler and new fans - all while keeping the GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G completely silent under load.
You should be able to pick up the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G for around $749 in the US, a $50 premium over NVIDIA's own GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition.
MSI provides their usual 3 different OC profiles, with:
- Silent Mode: 1480/1582MHz (GDDR5X @ 11000MHz)
- Gaming Mode: 1544/1657MHz (GDDR5X @ 11008MHz)
- OC Mode: 1569/1683MHz (GDDR5X @ 11124MHz)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI GEFORCE GTX1080 TI GAMING X 11G retails for $1290.00 at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Twin Frozr VI Detailed]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]