Recently I have seen many people complain about the lack of Mini-ITX motherboards for the X370 platform. Part of the reason you do not see many Mini-ITX motherboards is because of AMD's X300 and A300 chipsets which are designed to take full advantage of the fact that Ryzen CPUs are full SoCs. Ryzen CPUs not only house PCI-E lanes for GPUs but also provide four USB 3.0 ports, and then four PCI-E lanes that are flexible. Those flexible lanes are almost always used to provide an x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot, but they can also be used as two SATA ports and x2 PCI-E 3.0 for an M.2 slot.
The CPU also houses system management components, and it's one reason you see BIOS ROMs very close to the CPU rather than to the chipset as on Intel motherboards. The X300 and A300 chipsets will offer authentication for the system, and no IO, and will be significantly smaller than the X370 chipset and its offspring, making them perfect for SFFPCs. However, BIOSTAR has jumped the gun and has brought to market the only Mini-ITX X370 motherboard; the X370GTN.
Let's take a look.
The X370GTN Gaming features 32Gb/s M.2,USB 3.1, USB 3.0, Realtek LAN, and four SATA6Gb/s ports.
The X370GTN Gaming costs $109.99.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370GTN Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]