Recently I have seen many people complain about the lack of Mini-ITX motherboards for the X370 platform. Part of the reason you do not see many Mini-ITX motherboards is because of AMD's X300 and A300 chipsets which are designed to take full advantage of the fact that Ryzen CPUs are full SoCs. Ryzen CPUs not only house PCI-E lanes for GPUs but also provide four USB 3.0 ports, and then four PCI-E lanes that are flexible. Those flexible lanes are almost always used to provide an x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot, but they can also be used as two SATA ports and x2 PCI-E 3.0 for an M.2 slot.
The CPU also houses system management components, and it's one reason you see BIOS ROMs very close to the CPU rather than to the chipset as on Intel motherboards. The X300 and A300 chipsets will offer authentication for the system, and no IO, and will be significantly smaller than the X370 chipset and its offspring, making them perfect for SFFPCs. However, BIOSTAR has jumped the gun and has brought to market the only Mini-ITX X370 motherboard; the X370GTN.
Let's take a look.
The X370GTN Gaming features 32Gb/s M.2,USB 3.1, USB 3.0, Realtek LAN, and four SATA6Gb/s ports.
The X370GTN Gaming costs $109.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit