Benchmarks – Datacenter Workloads
Starting the workload testing, the 10TB Red starts just under 200 IOPS. At QD8 we see that performance double to 430 IOPS, and at QD32 we finish at 490 IOPS.
File Server started just under 200 IOPS and finished near 520 IOPS.
Email Server again starts around 225 IOPS at QD1 and finished at 440 IOPS QD32.
Web Server was near the 400 IOPS mark at QD8 and finished at 550 IOPS QD32.
Workstation started at 175 IOPS for the 10TB Red and finished near 520 IOPS similar to the database workload.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The WD Red 10TB 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 10TB 5400rpm HDD retails for £308.35 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD Red 10TB]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – IOMeter 4K Throughput and Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Datacenter Workloads]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – RAID 0 Performance]
- Page 8 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]