C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued
Supermicro uses the Realtek ALC1150 on this motherboard along with some audio grade capacitors and Texas Instruments OPA1612A amplifier for the headphone jack.
The Avago PLX PEX8747 takes in x16 from the CPU and outputs x32 to the PCI-E slots. It does introduce a slight latency penalty, but it is the only way to do 3 or 4-way SLI or CrossFireX on the Z270 platform. The motherboard offers two Intel NICs, the i219v and i210AT.
Two ASMedia ASM1142 offer four USB 3.1 ports for the rear IO; an ASMedia ASM1543 is the type-C controller and switch chip.
The C7Z270-PG supports HDMI 2.0 through the use of a Parade PS175HDM controller. An IDT6V41642B clock generator offers better BCLK overclocking margins.
The nuvoTon NCT6792D is the super IO that offers PS/2 on the back, the COM port, system monitoring, and fan control. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches switch around two PCI-E 3.0 lanes each.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro Motherboard C7Z270-PG-O retails for £244.55 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-PG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz