C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued
Supermicro uses the Realtek ALC1150 on this motherboard along with some audio grade capacitors and Texas Instruments OPA1612A amplifier for the headphone jack.
The Avago PLX PEX8747 takes in x16 from the CPU and outputs x32 to the PCI-E slots. It does introduce a slight latency penalty, but it is the only way to do 3 or 4-way SLI or CrossFireX on the Z270 platform. The motherboard offers two Intel NICs, the i219v and i210AT.
Two ASMedia ASM1142 offer four USB 3.1 ports for the rear IO; an ASMedia ASM1543 is the type-C controller and switch chip.
The C7Z270-PG supports HDMI 2.0 through the use of a Parade PS175HDM controller. An IDT6V41642B clock generator offers better BCLK overclocking margins.
The nuvoTon NCT6792D is the super IO that offers PS/2 on the back, the COM port, system monitoring, and fan control. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches switch around two PCI-E 3.0 lanes each.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-PG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit