Supermicro's most powerful selling point is its component selection, as they use some of the best quality components from the server side of their business for their consumer motherboards. The C7Z270-PG is their top of the line Z270 motherboard built for gaming. It's one of few motherboards with the PEX8747, allowing for 4-way SLI/CrossFireX on the Z270 platform. It also offers a hefty serving of USB 3.1, dual Intel NICs, and a very appealing color scheme.
Over the past six generations, Supermicro has slowly worked their way into the consumer market, targeting gamers and enthusiasts with high-quality components. More recently, they have made huge strides to improve their UEFI, which was their weakness in the past.
Today I will see if they have delivered and improved on their previous generations of enthusiast motherboards.
The C7Z270-PG offers two Intel Gbit NICs, 4-way SLI/CrossFireX, four USB 3.1 ports, two U.2, two 32Gb/s M.2 slots, and even some OC features.
The C7Z270-PG costs $299.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-PG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- ASUS H97-Plus Various Boot Issues
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower