Supermicro's most powerful selling point is its component selection, as they use some of the best quality components from the server side of their business for their consumer motherboards. The C7Z270-PG is their top of the line Z270 motherboard built for gaming. It's one of few motherboards with the PEX8747, allowing for 4-way SLI/CrossFireX on the Z270 platform. It also offers a hefty serving of USB 3.1, dual Intel NICs, and a very appealing color scheme.
Over the past six generations, Supermicro has slowly worked their way into the consumer market, targeting gamers and enthusiasts with high-quality components. More recently, they have made huge strides to improve their UEFI, which was their weakness in the past.
Today I will see if they have delivered and improved on their previous generations of enthusiast motherboards.
The C7Z270-PG offers two Intel Gbit NICs, 4-way SLI/CrossFireX, four USB 3.1 ports, two U.2, two 32Gb/s M.2 slots, and even some OC features.
The C7Z270-PG costs $299.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro Motherboard C7Z270-PG-O retails for £484.64 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-PG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Capcom makes Street Fighter V go free-to-play for 2 weeks
- PlayStation's 'Raising Kratos' is a God of War documentary
- Assassin's Creed Unity review-bombed for Notre-Dame support
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!