While I typically review high-end motherboards, lower-end models tend to be significantly more popular because of their affordability. If you don't need to overclock and just want a rock-solid system on the Intel side of things, the H, B, and Q series chipsets make a lot of sense over the Z or X series chipsets. Today I will look at ASRock's Fatal1ty B250M Performance, a fancy B250 chipset motherboard that supports Intel's 6th and 7th generation processors.
You lose the following features when going from the Z270 chipset to the B250 chipset; overclocking, multi-GPU support, 12 PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the PCH, two USB ports, two M.2 storage slots, vPro, SIPP, and Smart Response Technology. Even though you lose those features, ASRock ensured the motherboard has two M.2 32Gb/s slots (no RAID support), RGB LED support, and even a strong VRM.
Let's see how this budget board fairs against its more expensive counterparts.
The Fatal1ty B250M Performance offers Intel LAN, two 32Gb/s Ultra M.2 slots, SATA6Gb/s, USB 3.0, and even four fan headers.
The Fatal1ty B250M Performance costs $84.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series