While I typically review high-end motherboards, lower-end models tend to be significantly more popular because of their affordability. If you don't need to overclock and just want a rock-solid system on the Intel side of things, the H, B, and Q series chipsets make a lot of sense over the Z or X series chipsets. Today I will look at ASRock's Fatal1ty B250M Performance, a fancy B250 chipset motherboard that supports Intel's 6th and 7th generation processors.
You lose the following features when going from the Z270 chipset to the B250 chipset; overclocking, multi-GPU support, 12 PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the PCH, two USB ports, two M.2 storage slots, vPro, SIPP, and Smart Response Technology. Even though you lose those features, ASRock ensured the motherboard has two M.2 32Gb/s slots (no RAID support), RGB LED support, and even a strong VRM.
Let's see how this budget board fairs against its more expensive counterparts.
The Fatal1ty B250M Performance offers Intel LAN, two 32Gb/s Ultra M.2 slots, SATA6Gb/s, USB 3.0, and even four fan headers.
The Fatal1ty B250M Performance costs $84.99.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty B250M Performance Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]