Velocity Micro was founded in 1997, and while it might not be a household name, it is an established brand in the USA. Offering a philosophy of high-performance computing teamed up with quality craftsmanship; their PCs have won awards from almost all major publications. Based in my state, they contacted me and asked if I wanted to review one of their premium gaming systems. I said yes, if not just to see what they had to offer over other computer systems I review.
The Raptor Z55 uses a custom made brushed aluminum chassis with built in AIO water cooling for the CPU. The system uses an i7-7700K (overclocked), ASUS Z270M-Plus motherboard, 650W EVGA SuperNOVA PSU, 16GB of DDR4-2400MHz Crucial Ballistix RAM, an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, a 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD, a 1TB HDD, Windows 10, and a one-year standard warranty with a 3-year option available.
They offer 100% US based warranty and call center support, and their call hours are from 11 AM to 8 PM.
The 7700K is overclocked to 4.8GHz while the memory and GPU are stock. However, the system is built with off-the-shelf hardware (except for the case), so you can overclock individual parts further.
The Velocity Micro Z55 has a base price of $1,499; our configuration costs $2,799.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 Gaming PC retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Raptor Z55]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- As a company, design our systems for the most demanding performance attainable, but it's also our obligation to give our customers the perfect balance of speed and reliability. We can certainly OC this system more, but as a brand, we have to be mindful of that balance between stability and extreme performance for our unique customer experience. Likewise our fan profiles are adjustable to suit any situation or need. We always leave the customer with the option to push even harder than our factory levels if he/she chooses, while providing a robust overall design to handle it with a high degree of reliability. We're very pleased to see that American craftsmanship counts for something and are also proud that our product comes from the USA too!
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases