Here are key points about the BIOSTAR Z270GTN.
Totally Customizable Aesthetics: With the excellent RGB light distribution in both the VRM and PCH heat sinks, you will have no problem choosing a custom color theme for your motherboard so that it matches the rest of your PC. Not forgetting those with RGB LED strips, BIOSTAR includes two RGB LED headers at the top of the motherboard.
U.2 and M.2: Most mini-ITX motherboards either have U.2 or M.2, but ASRock made sure to include both so that all types of NVMe storage are supported.
Solid Mini-ITX Layout: A single USB 2.0 header at the top of the board (for AIO coolers) along with the RGB LED header allows the latest AIO coolers to be easily installed and cabling should be easier to hide. They also placed a normal USB 2.0 header and USB 3.0 header at the center of the motherboard, so they are easily accessible. I also liked where BIOSTAR put the SATA, U.2, and front panel header ports.
Intel NIC: The motherboard has yet to be released in the US market, but I was surprised to find it has an Intel NIC since it lacks the latest audio codec and USB 3.1, hinting that BIOSTAR will price the motherboard quite aggressively. Along with the Intel Gbit NIC, they also installed an anti-surge protection SMD, so your NIC won't damage the rest of the board if there is a power overload or ESD discharge.
Fan Headers Only PWM: PWM is the latest in fan technology, but the truth of the matter is that voltage mode fans are still quite common, and this motherboard can run them but only at 100%.
No USB 3.1: It looks like BIOSTAR will price this motherboard very competitively, but in this day and age almost all motherboards carry the USB 3.1 standard or at least a type-C port.
The BIOSTAR Z270GTN's price is not yet publicly available, but we can see that it will be positioned as a high-value product considering its use of ICs and feature set. It does carry the latest in storage technology but lacks USB 3.1 and its audio section, while upgraded, does not use the newest ALC1220. Some of those features are overkill at this time, and BIOSTAR does offer the ability to add in WIFI down the road.
BIOSTAR's Z270GTN was able to overclock my CPU to 5GHz stable, even with its small 4-phase VRM, but memory overclocking could be a bit better. The motherboard's aesthetics are what will drive many people towards this motherboard; it's easily one of the most customizable mini-ITX motherboards on the market in regards to aesthetics. BIOSTAR has done a fine job with the Z270GTN, and when it hits the market, it will be very popular depending on its price.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||89%|
The Bottom Line: With killer aesthetics, Intel LAN, and the latest in NVMe storage support, BIOSTAR's Z270GTN packs a lot of fun into the Mini-ITX segment.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GTN Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GTN Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GTN Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Square Enix to make more HD-2D games like Octopath Traveler
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019