Not long ago, we had the chance to look at the Amped Wireless entry into the Wi-Fi System or Mesh market with Ally Plus. It seems they had no intentions of stopping there as they are pushing on refreshing their lineup top to bottom. The Athena R2 begins this journey as the top-tier solution.
The Athena R2 appears to be a complete redesign with the enclosure going more towards the low-profile design of the Artemis. It doesn't stop there either as Amped has swapped out much of the internal hardware as well. The original Athena came along during the initial wave of Qualcomm AC2600 solutions; it sported a 1.4GHz quad-core processor and 512MB of DDR3. This new solution has taken a different route going with a quad-core 1.3GHz processor and 256MB of DDR3 memory.
The specifications of this solution detail an AC2600 class solution focused on high power / long range connectivity. We have an 800 Mbps capable 2.4GHz radio with four amplifiers and a 1733 Mbps capable 5GHz radio with four amplifiers. 128MB of NAND flash is available for the firmware.
Moving on, this solution houses four detachable antennas and wired connectivity consisting of one Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN ports. There are two storage ports available on this unit - one being USB 2.0 and the other USB 3.0.
The MSRP of the Amped Wireless Athena R2 comes in at $199.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless Athena R2 AC2600 Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series