Back in August of 2016, Amped Wireless announced their entry into the Wi-Fi System market with the Ally and Ally Plus. I have been in talks with them since to have a sample unit sent over for testing, and today we have that opportunity. It won't be long before every vendor has their own "Mesh" or Whole Home System on the market. In fact, the only big vendors missing from this space right now are D-Link, TP-Link, TRENDnet and ASUS.
The Ally comes in two SKUs with and without the extender, the Plus having the extender included. The design of these units goes away from the traditional look and feel we normally get from Amped Wireless. With this particular setup, we have two devices router and extender, sharing the same design both gloss white in appearance.
The Amped Wireless Ally and Ally Plus features 600 Mbps capability on the 2.4GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz, making the router and extender both AC1900 class devices. Each device houses four 2.4GHz and three 5GHz amplifiers together with three dual band antennas producing up to 15,000 Sq. Ft of range. Wired connectivity is supported by three Gigabit Ethernet ports on the router and one on the extender.
The MSRP of the Amped Wireless Ally Plus comes in at $379.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless Ally Plus Whole Home Wi-Fi System for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Amped Wireless Ally Plus Whole Home Wi-Fi System retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases