Z270X-UD5 Circuit Analysis Continued
GIGABYTE's ALC1220 implementation relies on the new integrated headphone amplifier for the 120dB SNR output. They also use Nichicon audio capacitors to improve audio quality and divide the audio section of the PCB from the rest of the motherboard. There are six LEDs located in the audio section; they are yellow.
Intel's USB3.1/ThunderBolt 3 controller, the JHL6540 is used along with a Texas Instruments TPS65982 as the type-C switch and USB Power Delivery 2.0 controller. The motherboard's USB Power Delivery system offers up to 36W output. The motherboard has two Intel NICs, the i219v PHY to compliment the integrated MAC in the PCH, and the standalone i211AT Gbit NIC.
The main SuperIO is the ITE IT8686E and provides some fan control and system functions. The ITE IT8792E embedded controller helps improve fan control capabilities. The motherboard has two 128Mbit (16MB) ROMS from Macronix.
Two Texas Instruments GD75232 driver and receiver chips support the two COM internal headers. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480s switch PCI-E bandwidth between the PCI-E slots.
An ASMedia ASM1442K level shifter provides the HDMI port on the rear IO panel.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 Motherboard retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 Motherboard retails for £296 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-UD5 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media