Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z270X-GAMING 7 is similar to that of the Z170X-Gaming 7, you get a Creative Core3Di CA0132 quad-core audio processor, a DIP socket with a BurrBrown OPA2134 amplifier with dedicated power for front headphone output, Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors, and a Texas Instruments DRV632 line driver (similar to an amplifier) for the rear headphone jack. It's a decent authentic (not only software) Creative audio solution.
One of the new chips I am seeing aside from the new ASMedia USB 3.1 controller and Realtek audio codec is Killer's new E2500 NIC, the successor to the E2400. I am told (not by GIGABYTE or AORUS but another vendor), that it is actually more expensive than the Intel NIC. Either way, the Z270X-Gaming 7 offers you the option to use either, perhaps Intel for work and Killer for play. AORUS has used Intel's USB 3.1/ThunderBolt 3 controller and Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C switch and power delivery controller for the USB 3.1 on the rear IO.
The Texas Instruments TPS65130 is a step up converter that powers the AMP-UP socket with +/- 15v. The IT7236AFN is a new IC I have found on these AORUS motherboards; it seems to be in control of the RGB header and RGB LEDs on the motherboard, there are two of them on the Z270X-Gaming 7.
The ITE IT8686E replaces the IT8628E SuperIO and is perhaps the reason the Z270X-Gaming 7 has much more robust fan control. The IT8792E is a secondary embedded controller that helps the main SuperIO with fan control and other custom AORUS features.
Realtek's RTS5411 is the USB 3.0 hub that takes a single port from the PCH and turns it into four for the two USB 3.0 internal headers. Two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs offer redundancy in case one gets corrupted.
There are many ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches on the motherboard. The four in a straight line switch x8 between the first and second x16 PCI-E slots, the other two in the picture are for M.2 bandwidth. An ASMedia ASM1442K level shifter provides an HDMI signal from the digital video signal output of the iGPU in the CPU.
For individual fan control and auto-sensing capabilities, each fan header is equipped with a nuvoTon NCT3947.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-GAMING 7 Overview]
- Page 3 [AORUS Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [AORUS Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit