Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z270X-GAMING 7 is similar to that of the Z170X-Gaming 7, you get a Creative Core3Di CA0132 quad-core audio processor, a DIP socket with a BurrBrown OPA2134 amplifier with dedicated power for front headphone output, Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors, and a Texas Instruments DRV632 line driver (similar to an amplifier) for the rear headphone jack. It's a decent authentic (not only software) Creative audio solution.
One of the new chips I am seeing aside from the new ASMedia USB 3.1 controller and Realtek audio codec is Killer's new E2500 NIC, the successor to the E2400. I am told (not by GIGABYTE or AORUS but another vendor), that it is actually more expensive than the Intel NIC. Either way, the Z270X-Gaming 7 offers you the option to use either, perhaps Intel for work and Killer for play. AORUS has used Intel's USB 3.1/ThunderBolt 3 controller and Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C switch and power delivery controller for the USB 3.1 on the rear IO.
The Texas Instruments TPS65130 is a step up converter that powers the AMP-UP socket with +/- 15v. The IT7236AFN is a new IC I have found on these AORUS motherboards; it seems to be in control of the RGB header and RGB LEDs on the motherboard, there are two of them on the Z270X-Gaming 7.
The ITE IT8686E replaces the IT8628E SuperIO and is perhaps the reason the Z270X-Gaming 7 has much more robust fan control. The IT8792E is a secondary embedded controller that helps the main SuperIO with fan control and other custom AORUS features.
Realtek's RTS5411 is the USB 3.0 hub that takes a single port from the PCH and turns it into four for the two USB 3.0 internal headers. Two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs offer redundancy in case one gets corrupted.
There are many ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches on the motherboard. The four in a straight line switch x8 between the first and second x16 PCI-E slots, the other two in the picture are for M.2 bandwidth. An ASMedia ASM1442K level shifter provides an HDMI signal from the digital video signal output of the iGPU in the CPU.
For individual fan control and auto-sensing capabilities, each fan header is equipped with a nuvoTon NCT3947.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-GAMING 7 Overview]
- Page 3 [AORUS Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [AORUS Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution