SOVA MK Continued
Along the back edge, still, underneath the SOVA MK, we found the connection point for the four-meter cable, as well as the location of the additional USB 2.0 ports. This way you can have the keyboard and a mouse connected, and still have room for headphones or whatever device you need to use.
As we removed the padded feet of the SOVA MK, we found that under this foot is where the product sticker is located. If you do happen to pitch the packaging, you still have the information protected here for future reference.
If you remove either of the pads from the front edge, you will find a cut-away section of the frame with the words "Push To Release" found in it. By pressing this one we can remove the wrist rest panel, and the one to the right allows a way to remove the mouse pad insert.
This is part of the 3D print area of the design. You can easily print off a panel to insert in both locations. Minimally, if you have no plans to print parts, this also makes it simple to clean both surfaces.
We removed the single-shot keycaps, which are painted over leaving the legends opaque to reveal these switches. These are TTC brown switches, and if asked how they feel, we cannot tell much of a difference between these, Kailh, or Cherry MX switches.
Moving around to the back edge, we went ahead and installed the cord tender in the appropriate manner and location, near the ports under the keyboard. This will help with keeping the mouse on top of the SOVA MK, as there are no raised sections to aid in this matter along the mouse pad.
There is also a deep groove which runs along the back of the SOVA. This allows one to slide in the extra cable from the mouse and has room for multiple cables as well. This way everything stays neat and tidy when it comes to moving or using the SOVA MK.
We were thwarted in trying to disassemble the SOVA MK by a hidden screw, so we left well enough alone and powered it up. The keyboard section offers one color of LED lighting, but the blue color can be adjusted in five levels of brightness. We also chose to use the KOVA in white, so it stood out, and also affords us the ability to use ROCCAT TALK.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard retails for £170 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard]
- Page 4 [SOVA MK Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced