Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
The setup hasn't changed at all for the slim. Above we go through installing DSM after drives have been secured.
After initialization, we land at the desktop for DSM. To the left are a few icons to get you started while the right side has a quick health of your system.
As far as apps are concerned, the 416Slim has many of the same apps as the larger systems. As you can see, we get our basics from Synology.
I was rather surprised to see Plex on the list of apps for the slim.
The control panel is pretty much the same for the 416slim.
One thing I have noticed over the last year of using Synology exclusively for my data is that they are constantly updating their appliances. I have, no joke, updated this slim three times in the three weeks or so I have had it running.
This can get a bit hectic if you have to update and reboot constantly. However, on the other hand, I'm happy they adapt to changes in the environment and release updates to fix any issues quickly.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DS416slim Four-Bay 2.5" NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS416slim Four-Bay 2.5" NAS retails for $290 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS416slim Four-Bay 2.5" NAS retails for £256 at Amazon UK.
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – Single Client and Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Workload Performance and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada