Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued
The Z170X-Designare uses a Realtek ALC1150 audio codec and an OPA1652 audio amplifier to improve audio quality. GIGABYTE also physically isolated the motherboard and added in 11x Nichicon Gold Plated Capacitors.
GIGABYTE is using the Intel Alpine Ridge USB 3.1/ThunderBolt 3 to provide two USB 3.1 Type-C ports that don't have Thunderbolt 3 certification yet, but GIGABYTE expects to get the certification since they provide the controller with x4 PCI-E 3.0 and have a mini-DisplayPort input on the rear IO. Two Texas Instruments TPS65982 are used for Type-C port switching and USB Power Delivery 2.0 control. One big feature of this motherboard is the 100W USB power support that comes from a boost converter capable of 20V at 5A for 100W.
The Z170X-Designare has many RGB LEDs that will illuminate the PCB divides on either side of the motherboard.
The Z170X-Designare has two Intel NICs. The first is from the integrated MAC and uses the i219v PHY. The second is an Intel i211AT that is a standalone network controller - you can team the ports. The iTE IT8628E is the main Super IO in charge of temperature and voltage monitoring, fan control, and the PS/2 port on the rear IO panel. There are two 128Mbit 16MB BIOS ROMs that provide enough space for GIGABYTE's new UEFI.
An iTE IT8792E acts as an embedded controller providing extra features such as better fan control and RGB strip control. A level shifter from NXP, the PTN3360DBS, provides the HDMI port on the rear IO from the digital video output from the integrated graphics in the CPU.
Many ASMedia ASM1480s switch around PCI-E 3.0 from the CPU and the PCH.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard retails for $250 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Motherboard retails for £180 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media