Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
To test Thunderbolt solutions, I use a Late 2013 MacBook Pro Model A1502 with an i5 4258U, 8GB of memory and a 512GB m.2 SSD. Benchmarks consist of AJA System Test and Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.
Setup of the 8big starts with the RAID manager. With the introduction of El Capitan, there is no way to configure a simple RAID outside of using Terminal; having the included software makes everything much easier.
Opening up the RAID manager, everything has completely changed since I reviewed the 5big nearly three years ago. As you can see to the left is a large tree diagram that includes the adapter at the base which is followed by physical volumes and virtual disks.
To create an array, we slide to the right side and the operation gives us a drop-down menu.
We then can choose which disks we want to include, select the RAID mode at the bottom along with stripe size.
PRICING: You can find the LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rackmount 8-Bay Rack for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The X retails for $1599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The X retails for £1311 at Amazon UK.
Canada: The X retails for $2683 CAD at Amazon Canada.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [8big Rack Thunderbolt 2 Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard