Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
To test Thunderbolt solutions, I use a Late 2013 MacBook Pro Model A1502 with an i5 4258U, 8GB of memory and a 512GB m.2 SSD. Benchmarks consist of AJA System Test and Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.
Setup of the 8big starts with the RAID manager. With the introduction of El Capitan, there is no way to configure a simple RAID outside of using Terminal; having the included software makes everything much easier.
Opening up the RAID manager, everything has completely changed since I reviewed the 5big nearly three years ago. As you can see to the left is a large tree diagram that includes the adapter at the base which is followed by physical volumes and virtual disks.
To create an array, we slide to the right side and the operation gives us a drop-down menu.
We then can choose which disks we want to include, select the RAID mode at the bottom along with stripe size.
PRICING: You can find the LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rackmount 8-Bay Rack for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The X retails for $1599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The X retails for £1311 at Amazon UK.
Canada: The X retails for $2683 CAD at Amazon Canada.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [8big Rack Thunderbolt 2 Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top