In our Storage Performance test, I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB USB 3.0 Flash drive formatted with the EXT4 filesystem. I mount the volume as a network drive and test with NAS Performance Test 1.7.
The performance of the X4S was almost the exact opposite of the R8000, reviewed just last month.
In read testing, this solution came in at 74 MB/s with the 100M file size while moving to 1000M performance dropped only slightly to 69 MB/s. Write performance, however, stayed at the same 38 MB/s, no matter the file size.
It amazes me at every new launch of a wireless router, the level of technology vendors seems to be pushing these days. Just three years ago, we were talking AC1900 as the wave of the future, and now we have AC2600, AC3100, and even AC5300 pushing wireless tech to new heights. The X4S too has opened the consumer market to new technology. While it has been known for a while now that the 160MHz band would be the next wave in Wi-Fi, Netgear is futureproofing this solution with this technology.
Performance, while not top notch in the first three test scenarios, stepped up when we moved to 5GHz wireless testing. Here, I was able to dial in 406 Mbps peak while the lower two bands came in at 291 Mbps and 170 Mbps, respectively. With MU-MIMO testing, both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands performed as expected, with the 2.4GHz band producing 21 Mbps across all three devices, while the 5GHz band allowed 100 Mbps across all three.
In closing, the Netgear Nighthawk X4S is ahead of the curve, and while we can't fully take advantage of everything this router brings to the table right now, as fast as the market is moving, you never know what the next innovation will bring to the consumer market.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||89%|
|Value for Money||89%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||89%|
The Bottom Line: Netgear's X4S is as far ahead of the curve as a router can get at this point. With 160MHz technology being the next full step ahead for large performance increases, this router is ready to handle whatever you throw at it.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) AC2600 MU-MIMO 160MHz Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitmain announces next-gen Antminer ASICs ship soon with 7nm
- NCIX servers sold on Craigslist with 15 years of user data
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA SPECTRIX D80 DDR4 3000MHz 32GB Memory Kit
- DICE addresses ridiculous death experience in Battlefield V
- Huawei's upcoming foldable smartphone could feature 5G tech
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam