The router market is pushing forward at an increasing pace with competing technologies battling it out along the way. On one hand, we have some of the quickest routers on the market including the recently reviewed ASUS RT AC88U and the Nighthawk X8 using the stable and fast Broadcom platform, while many in the AC2400 and 2600 range that once started with Quantenna are being relaunched based on the Qualcomm Atheros platform.
With the launch of the Nighthawk X4s or R7800, Netgear is launching its latest AC2600 platform, this time around with MU-MIMO support out of the box, along with being the first to support 160MHz on the 5GHz band. The X4S is a 4x4 platform that allows 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band while the 5GHz band is capable of 1733 Mbps, and each deployed with support for beamforming. This solution is another one from Netgear aimed at large homes and should take over where the original and V2 of the R7500 left off.
Specifications of the Nighthawk X4S start with a dual-band gigabit platform featuring 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1733 Mbps on the 5GHz band. At the heart of this router, we have a 1.7GHz dual-core processor sitting next to 512MB of DRAM and 128MB of flash.
Connectivity of this solution includes two USB port both supporting the USB 3.0 standard along with five Gigabit Ethernet ports (four for LAN and one for WAN). As mentioned above, this is the first consumer platform to deploy 160MHz support although we currently have no client devices capable of testing it.
MSRP of the Netgear Nighthawk X4S sits at $269.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) AC2600 MU-MIMO 160MHz Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- The Black Masses trailer showcases 6,000 zombies on screen
- Treyarch details upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 patch
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam