Starting off with LAN to LAN throughput, the X4S / R7800 produced 831 Mbps, slightly under what the R7500 produced previously.
WAN to LAN topped 754 Mbps, quite a bit under the usual ~900 we usually see.
Switching to wireless throughput, the X4S was capable of 121 Mbps on the 20MHz band and 157 Mbps on the 40MHz band. Each of these results exceeded the performance of the original Nighthawk X4.
5GHz produced some rather impressive results as the X4S allowed 170 MBps on the 20MHz band, 291 Mbps on the 40MHz band, and 406 Mbps on the 80MHz band.
Multiple User Throughput
MU-MIMO performance for the 2.4GHz band showed the X4S working as intended with all devices getting the same 21 Mbps.
The 5GHz band looks quite aggressive, but as you can see, the performance is even tighter on this band with each device getting 98-100 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) AC2600 MU-MIMO 160MHz Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!