Starting off with LAN to LAN throughput, the X4S / R7800 produced 831 Mbps, slightly under what the R7500 produced previously.
WAN to LAN topped 754 Mbps, quite a bit under the usual ~900 we usually see.
Switching to wireless throughput, the X4S was capable of 121 Mbps on the 20MHz band and 157 Mbps on the 40MHz band. Each of these results exceeded the performance of the original Nighthawk X4.
5GHz produced some rather impressive results as the X4S allowed 170 MBps on the 20MHz band, 291 Mbps on the 40MHz band, and 406 Mbps on the 80MHz band.
Multiple User Throughput
MU-MIMO performance for the 2.4GHz band showed the X4S working as intended with all devices getting the same 21 Mbps.
The 5GHz band looks quite aggressive, but as you can see, the performance is even tighter on this band with each device getting 98-100 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) AC2600 MU-MIMO 160MHz Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dauntless passes 2 million players, new expansion next month
- COD: Black Ops 4 Zombie trailer, undead tigers/time travel
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit