It seems that BIOSTAR went back to the drawing board for their Z170GT7. The UEFI is totally revamped and looks very similar to offerings from the bigger motherboard vendors. I will say that this BIOS is significantly improved compared to that of the GAMING Z170X, and is on par regarding features and ease of use when compared to much more expensive motherboards from larger vendors.
Fan control in the UEFI is quite advanced. It offers presets for each fan as well as options you might not think you would find in such an inexpensive product. I was thoroughly impressed with what BIOSTAR has done. They even have screen capture working well.
The only thing missing are presets for LLC. While you still have control over the internal AC/DC LLC, it is better to use their built-in auto-LLC that kicks in when overclocking.
BIOSTAR's new RACING application is a useful AIO product. It offers control over the RGBs and is the only way to control the color of the RGBs. You will need to launch this program for the RGBs to engage. The software also provides fan control and overclocking options including voltage changes.
The program also provides gain control and a volume knob. It is flashy, but it's not very buggy and doesn't seem to eat up system resources. The eHot-Line application is there for people who want to send tech support their information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series