It seems that BIOSTAR went back to the drawing board for their Z170GT7. The UEFI is totally revamped and looks very similar to offerings from the bigger motherboard vendors. I will say that this BIOS is significantly improved compared to that of the GAMING Z170X, and is on par regarding features and ease of use when compared to much more expensive motherboards from larger vendors.
Fan control in the UEFI is quite advanced. It offers presets for each fan as well as options you might not think you would find in such an inexpensive product. I was thoroughly impressed with what BIOSTAR has done. They even have screen capture working well.
The only thing missing are presets for LLC. While you still have control over the internal AC/DC LLC, it is better to use their built-in auto-LLC that kicks in when overclocking.
BIOSTAR's new RACING application is a useful AIO product. It offers control over the RGBs and is the only way to control the color of the RGBs. You will need to launch this program for the RGBs to engage. The software also provides fan control and overclocking options including voltage changes.
The program also provides gain control and a volume knob. It is flashy, but it's not very buggy and doesn't seem to eat up system resources. The eHot-Line application is there for people who want to send tech support their information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019