It seems that BIOSTAR went back to the drawing board for their Z170GT7. The UEFI is totally revamped and looks very similar to offerings from the bigger motherboard vendors. I will say that this BIOS is significantly improved compared to that of the GAMING Z170X, and is on par regarding features and ease of use when compared to much more expensive motherboards from larger vendors.
Fan control in the UEFI is quite advanced. It offers presets for each fan as well as options you might not think you would find in such an inexpensive product. I was thoroughly impressed with what BIOSTAR has done. They even have screen capture working well.
The only thing missing are presets for LLC. While you still have control over the internal AC/DC LLC, it is better to use their built-in auto-LLC that kicks in when overclocking.
BIOSTAR's new RACING application is a useful AIO product. It offers control over the RGBs and is the only way to control the color of the RGBs. You will need to launch this program for the RGBs to engage. The software also provides fan control and overclocking options including voltage changes.
The program also provides gain control and a volume knob. It is flashy, but it's not very buggy and doesn't seem to eat up system resources. The eHot-Line application is there for people who want to send tech support their information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games