Let's examine the parts that make up the Z170GT7.
The VRM on the Z170GT7 is a 6+2 phase design. The first six phases come from three doubled PWM phases. The iGPU phases each has their own PWM line. BIOSTAR added some solder strips on the back of the PCB. I remember these from years past; they are supposed to help lower temperatures.
The ISL95855 is an IMVP8 complaint hybrid model which can support up to 3+2+1 phase output. The first three phases are doubled by three ISL6611A doubler/dual driver chips. Each phase consists of a high-side PowerPAK (Sinopower SM4377) and a low-side PowerPAK (Sinopower SM4364). The iGPU phases each have an ISL6208 driver. The VCCSA and VCCIO come from the combination of a single phase uPI UP1514 controlled phase and a linear regulator.
The memory VRM uses a uP1514 single phase PWM (same as VCCSA) and two Sinopower SM4377 PowerPAKs. You might also notice the eLAN eKTF5832, which is an 8-bit microcontroller specifically designed for touch panels such as the one located right above it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit