Transcend is a company with a broad portfolio of consumer electronic products ranging from memory cards to body cameras. The SSD370S or 370S as we will refer to it going forward is Transcend's premium SSD product. The drive is powered by a Silicon Motion 2246EN four-channel controller. Despite only four channels, the SMI 2246EN is capable of delivering excellent performance when paired with quality flash. This is why the SMI 2246EN has become today's most prolific third-party SSD controller.
On the flash side, Transcend lets us know that the drive sports an MLC flash array, which we like. We approached Transcend as to the brand of flash they are using because the flash packages utilized are not branded. Transcend chose not to disclose the brand of flash they are using, but we have a pretty good idea. It's 16nm, it's synchronous, so that narrows the field down to Micron. Update: Transcend contacted us after publishing the review and informed us they are packaging their flash in-house using genuine Micron 16nm wafers.
The 370S 512GB SATA III SSD ships as a complete package upgrade for HDD users. Included is a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter and downloadable cloning software, making the transition from a 3.5" HDD to a 2.5" SSD easy for first timers. The 370S 512GB SATA III 2.5" SSD is currently retailing for $180 at Amazon.
Specifications: Transcend SSD370S 512GB SATA III SSD
The 370S SATA III 2.5" x 7mm FF SSD is available in six capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB. We could not find any performance specifications for the 370S at Transcend's website, but we did find performance specifications given for the 1TB model on the back of the drives packaging. The performance of the 1TB model is listed at 560 MB/s sequential read, 460 MB/s sequential write. Random performance is listed at 75,000 IOPS for both read and write. Transcend backs the 370S with an industry standard three-year warranty. No TBW is given, but one is implied.
PRICING: You can find the Transcend SSD370S 512GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Transcend SSD370S 512GB SATA III SSD retails for $180 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Transcend SSD370S 512GB SATA III SSD retails for £125 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CEO resigns, CFO steps up to the 10nm plate
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most tweeted E3 title
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit