ASRock is a company focused on bringing performance motherboards to the market, and with Intel's X99 chipset, they have done just that. I previously reviewed the X99 Extreme11 WS-E/10G, a super-packed motherboard with a super-high price tag, but today I will look at a more affordable, yet well-endowed motherboard, the X99 Extreme6/ac.
The X99 Extreme6/ac carries a really long feature list, including Ultra M.2, wireless AC, Purity Sound 2, and a slew of others I will cover in the next few pages. The board is aimed to please users who want a lot of features with a price tag that won't break the bank.
Follow me as I put the X99 Extreme6/ac through our test suite and see what it is capable of.
There are some features that really stick out with ASRock's X99 Extreme6/ac; 128GB DDR4 memory support with ECC and 12K Nichicon capacitors are two that top the list in terms of uniqueness. Most other X99 motherboards only support 64GB of memory, but ASRock has taken the server approach with their entire X99 lineup, which means that Intel Xeon server processors are fully supported, as are the technologies that come with them.
While this isn't a server board, many of the features are aimed at workstations, such as the USB DOM connector, which is used for very expensive software programs that require a USB drive for authentication.
At the time of writing, the X99 Extreme6/ac is $279.99 at Newegg, while the X99 Extreme6 is $276.99, which means you get the wireless AC for only three more dollars, which is a really great deal. The price of the X99 Extreme6/ac makes it extremely competitive, sitting right at the midpoint of quality X99 motherboards.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock X99 EXTREME6/AC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASRock X99 EXTREME6/AC retails for $323.13 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 Extreme6/ac]
- Page 3 [X99 Extreme6/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam