CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
A note on benchmarks that are dependent on 3D hardware, our test bench employs two GTX 980s in SLI to help maximize the PCI-E bandwidth utilization, however, the GAMING Z97X doesn't support SLI. I left both cards in and just ran the tests anyway - the lower scores are a result of a lack of SLI support. The board does support CrossFireX, if we had AMD GPUs instead of NVIDIA there would have been no issue.
PCMark8 Home Test
3DMark: Cloud Gate
3DMark: Fire Strike
Resident Evil 6
Overall, the performance of the BIOSTAR GAMING Z97X is pretty strong, at stock and with a slight overclock.
The stock frequency at turbo of the 4790K is 4.4GHz, meaning that the 4.5GHz OC is just to take all cores to 4.5GHz all the time. There doesn't seem to be any major pitfalls in performance other than in 3D benchmarks where the SLI support of the other board makes it the winner. However, in the Resident Evil benchmark which only supports a single GPU, it scores quite well compared to the other board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z97X]
- Page 3 [GAMING Z97X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1180 delayed? Too many current-gen cards left
- Fortnite makes $100 million on iOS in just 90 days
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit