CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
A note on benchmarks that are dependent on 3D hardware, our test bench employs two GTX 980s in SLI to help maximize the PCI-E bandwidth utilization, however, the GAMING Z97X doesn't support SLI. I left both cards in and just ran the tests anyway - the lower scores are a result of a lack of SLI support. The board does support CrossFireX, if we had AMD GPUs instead of NVIDIA there would have been no issue.
PCMark8 Home Test
3DMark: Cloud Gate
3DMark: Fire Strike
Resident Evil 6
Overall, the performance of the BIOSTAR GAMING Z97X is pretty strong, at stock and with a slight overclock.
The stock frequency at turbo of the 4790K is 4.4GHz, meaning that the 4.5GHz OC is just to take all cores to 4.5GHz all the time. There doesn't seem to be any major pitfalls in performance other than in 3D benchmarks where the SLI support of the other board makes it the winner. However, in the Resident Evil benchmark which only supports a single GPU, it scores quite well compared to the other board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z97X]
- Page 3 [GAMING Z97X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM