MSI is a well-known manufacturer of motherboards, laptops and video cards, and today I get to look at their X99S-MPower. In the motherboard world, MSI is known for their military class component selection criteria and their solid performance.
Recently they have made major changes to their lineup, introducing more targeted products like the X99S-MPower. While in the past MSI's top overclocking board might have been their most expensive product, now they have motherboards with exceptional overclocking ability in a more affordable price bracket.
I did write an overclocking report on this board a few months ago, but today I will cover most everything else so you can get an idea of what this board is all about.
The most notable specification is that MSI decided to allocate 4x PCI-E 3.0 to their M.2 slot for maximum performance. They have also expanded the number of USB 3.0 ports and headers, and provided a nice set of overclocking features.
At $285 on Newegg, the X99S-MPower is right in the middle between the most and least expensive X99 motherboards, of which there are many now.
It is targeted mainly at builders who want nice overclocks, and also entices overclockers looking to break world records.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Computer ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 2011-3 Motherboards X99S MPOWER for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99S-MPower]
- Page 3 [X99S-MPower Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series