And so we continue our onslaught of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 reviews, where we started off with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 960 AMP! Edition, continuing with the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+, and now, the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition.
Most of you know who MSI is by now, but if you don't, they've been around for quite some time making motherboards, and eventually shifted into video cards, where they've become a true wrecking ball against their competitors. Mainly because of their kick ass cooling setup known as TwinFrozr, of which the new GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition features the latest version of it, TwinFrozr V. We'll go over that more in the review.
MSI has chosen to also stay very close to the reference GTX 960 board, offering up 2GB of GDDR5 RAM on a 128-bit memory bus. As for display outputs, we have one dual-link DVI output, one HDMI 2.0, and three DisplayPort outputs.
Then we have the TwinFrozr V cooling, which also has 'Zero Frozr' technology, which will turn the fans off when the card is idle, making the card completely silent. Again, we'll go into more detail about that shortly.
Availability & Price
NVIDIA has hit a great price range with the GeForce GTX 960, with MSI selling its overclocked GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition for $219 on Amazon. There's plenty available, and your local retailer should also be keeping these in stock. As usual, call up before you walk in, or check your favorite e-tailers website.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Computer Graphics Cards GTX 960 GAMING 2G for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MSI Computer Graphics Cards GTX 960 GAMING 2G retails for $209.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit