NVIDIA has unleashed their new GeForce GTX 960 upon the world, but instead of talking about what makes the Maxwell-based architecture tick in this review, I've actually written a separate piece on NVIDIA's latest video card, which you can read here.
When it comes to ZOTAC, they are a big brand when it comes to NVIDIA video cards, as they are one of their tighter partners who like to get unleashed with various high-end models that overclockers and enthusiasts really enjoy. ZOTAC were one of the first companies to jump at me when I jumped into the shoes of TweakTown's Video Card Editor position, and they were the first off the ranks to have their GTX 960 at my door the day after I got back from CES 2015.
ZOTAC has a full range of GeForce cards to choose from, but their new GeForce GTX 960 AMP! Edition is an interesting one. A few things to quickly tease you before you slide into the full review: ZOTAC's card only requires a single 6-pin PCIe power connector, and its dual-fan cooler completely disables if the card isn't at an appropriate load. Nice, right? Let's keep on with the surprises.
ZOTAC has stayed very close to the default configuration of the reference design of the GeForce GTX 960 from NVIDIA. We have 2GB of GDDR5 RAM over a 128-bit memory bus (which isn't so bad, as we explained in our GeForce GTX 960 architecture overview article), three DisplayPort outputs, an HDMI 2.0 and dual-link DVI output, support for DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4 and much more.
Availability & Price
ZOTAC has the GeForce GTX 960 AMP! Edition available right now for $209. The standard GTX 960 from ZOTAC is $10 less, at $199. This is an insane price considering NVIDIA launched the still very popular GeForce GTX 760 for $249, and the GTX 660 for $229.
With over double the performance of the GTX 660, the new Maxwell-based GTX 960 AMP! Edition represents some insane value for money as you'll see deeper into the review. You can go ahead and order it straight away, as there should be plenty of stock in retail stores across the United States, and most of the world by the time you read this.
PRICING: You can find the Zotac GeForce GTX 960 AMP! Edition 2GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Zotac GeForce GTX 960 AMP! Edition 2GB retails for $229.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit