Overclocking - So Much Room For Activities!
One area of the GTX 960 that is going to be interesting is the potential it has to be overclocked. NVIDIA has really dialed things down on its reference design so that AIB partners can really play around with things. ZOTAC is using just a single 6-pin PCIe power connector, as well as some out-of-the-box overclocking of their own, so I don't expect much from the overclocking side of things.
We did push up another 100MHz on top of the overclock of the Base clock which seemed to be stable, but pushing the memory up another 40-50MHz resulted in instability. We're going to write up a follow up article next week looking at the overclocking of these GTX 960s, so keep your eye out for that.
The headroom on these cards is amazing, but ZOTAC is already taking advantage of Maxwell's architecture within the GTX 960 to squeeze an already impressive OC in the GTX 960 AMP! Edition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit