Over the two going on three years I have been here at TweakTown, we have had a few CalDigit products come through the lab. Just last month, we had the chance to look at the revamped T3 that added Thunderbolt 2 technology to the classic three bay chassis and today we take a look at yet another new release from CalDigit.
The T4 Thunderbolt 2 adds a fourth bay to the iconic CalDigit chassis along with Thunderbolt 2 support. RAID modes have been upgraded adding in RAID 5 for this solution, along with the standard RAID 0, RAID 1 and JBOD.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
Marketing specifications for the CalDigit T4 Thunderbolt 2 have the weight of the unit coming in just over 7.2lbs with SSDs installed, while HDDs increase the weight by nearly five pounds up to 12.5lbs. RAID mode support includes RAID 0, 1, 5 and JBOD with hot swappable drives. Cooling the enclosure, we have an 80mm fan operating at 1500 RPM pushing 21.9CFM at 17dba. Compatibility of the T4 Thunderbolt 2 extends to OS X 10.8+.
The CalDigit T4 Thunderbolt 2 comes in many variations, including 4TB ($899.99), 8TB ($1199.99), 12TB ($1399.99), 16TB ($1699.99) and 20TB ($1999.99) hard drive based models. Solid State based models are available in a 4TB capacity, with a MSRP of $3299.99. Each of these units carries a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- No Man's Sky coming to PSVR
- Apple Arcade is Apple's answer to Xbox Game Pass
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Sold Out Signs Award-Winning Radical Rabbit Stew, Playable At PAX East with Little Friends: Dogs & Cats
- Watching Movies and TV Topped US Entertainment Options in 2018, The NPD Group Says
- Cortus Announces the General Availability of a RISC-V Processor Family - from Low End Embedded Controller to 64 bit Processor with Floating Point
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns