Introduction and Packaging
Based on the Intel Atom processor C2000 product family (codenamed Avoton and Rangeley), the small form factor ASRock Rack C2550D4I provides passive cooling, low power use, and a large storage capacity.
ASRock Rack built the C2550D4I based on the Avoton platform, which is the next generation System-on-Chip (SoC), built on Intel's 22 nanometer process technology that targets NAS, Microserver, entry-level communication, and cloud storage markets.
The compact size of the C2550D4I makes it ideal for slim form factor appliance servers. Its uses also include desktop type NAS solutions, and it is a perfect fit for short depth chassis, and increasing the density in a rack to provide higher compute/storage power per rack.
ASRock Rack uses the C2550D4I in several of its product lines, and that includes systems like the 1U12LX-C2550. Its small size allows for plenty of space to use for storage, and in this case, 12 hard drives can fit in this 1U network storage appliance. Now, let's move on and look at the C2550D4I.
The ASRock C2550D4I comes packaged in a simple retail box; nothing flashy here. We need to look at a side label to see what motherboard is packed inside.
The back of the shipping box also shows a simple design.
After opening the retail box for the ASRock C2550D4I, we get our first look at the contents. The inside is simple, clean, and has everything you need to get the motherboard up and running. The motherboard comes padded in foam, which should keep it well protected during transit.
The retail accessory package is simple, but complete. The parts list for the retail box is as follows:
- ASRock Rack C2550D4I Motherboard
- Support CD
- User Manual
- Six Serial ATA (SATA) Cables (Optional)
- One I/O Shield
Our package was previously used, and we did not receive the I/O shield, or all of the SATA cables.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock C2550D4I for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASRock C2550D4I retails for $299.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Kerbal Space Program 2 isn't Epic Store exclusive, won't be monetized
- PS5 devkit won't be final design, devkits always look quite different
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best