Accessories and Documentation
The provided hardware that comes with the Kraken X31 is pretty specific at this point. At the top is a set of four nuts that will work with all of the hardware below it. However, along the bottom row, we find black AMD standoffs, a more natural looking set for LGA2011, and a red-brown set for all other Intel mounting.
We also have the plastic backplate intended for use with all of the Intel sockets, except for LGA2011, to the left, with its adjustable threaded bits at each corner. We also have the metal top bracket that locks into the head unit for AMD users. You will need to use the stock backplate for AMD installation.
If you wish to grab a second fan and add it to this AIO, there are enough long fan screws offered; the eight screws provided are visible on the left. The washers should be used against the chassis, and if you are installing the cooler as shipped, you will use the smaller set of four screws to attach the radiator to the chassis.
The RF-FX122-HP is a six blade fan that features a white hub and blades with a black frame. This fan is supplied in the box. The fan is powered via four-pin PWM connection at the end of black cabling, but we also see that there is no rubber isolation offered on this fan.
Again, we have pictures rather than any text to work your way through the installation process, at least for the Intel side of things. However, you can find a more detailed manual available online for this, and all of the other new Kraken coolers, and while you are there, grab the CAM software download as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X31 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit