Case Build and Finished Product
With the CPU cooler restrictions, we had to come up with a cooler under 162mm, and the Scythe meets that requirement. While wiring from the front panel can take some time to do correctly, we do find that even with such a basic interior design, we still have a very clean finished system to display.
The indent of this mesh section comes into play a bit here. This did cause us to force in the PSU to allow the fan to draw through it. Once we got it mounted with a little hassle, we went ahead and stuck the dust filter to the chassis for good measure.
Since we used a SSD, we opted to use the top location behind the motherboard for this system. There are a few places to tie the wiring as we did, and even with limited options, we found a way to make it all work cleanly, and the panel still slides on without any issue.
This seemed to be the easiest way to view the top of the chassis to see the dust shield that snapped right into place. We opted out of putting in a fan, but we had no issues with getting the screws in to hold the GPU; it hung right on the mark without them.
Once it was all back together, we really appreciated that this latest Raven does not look any different than it did when we started. We also enjoyed the view offered through the window, even if we did find ourselves cocking our head to the right while enjoying it.
Once powered, the wide V-shaped section on the front will glow from the white LEDs that back that section. There is a fair amount of noise with the AP fans running at full speed; it clocks in at 46dB. That can be adjusted via the switches, which will drop the levels down to a mere 30dB; all the while, keeping the interior of the SST-RV05B-W nice and chilly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [SilverStone Raven SST-RV05B-W Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the SST-RV05B-W]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- https www.supplementcyclopedia.com mydxadryl-male-enhancement-canada
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire