With a lot of the hype surrounding the new U3 specification of SD cards, SanDisk slipped in under the radar with its latest solution.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro carries quite a performance boost for enthusiast photographers and videographers. This new card introduces the UHS II specification to the market, offering up to 280 MB/s read speeds, which is equivalent to 1867x. Of course, this new technology also requires a new card reader to get the most out of it, so SanDisk has taken the extra step to introduce the SDDR-329 UHS II card reader along with it.
MSRP for the 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS II card is set at $129.99 with a lifetime warranty.
The packaging for the Extreme Pro carries a bold 280 MB/s to the right, enough to stand out on store shelves. Front and center, we have the card itself.
The back of the packaging carries a few more details about the card, along with the Rescue Pro offer at the top right.
Here we have the card and the new UHS II reader. Notice the card carries both the UHS II logo and the UHS Speed Class 3 designation.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system. The usable capacity after formatting is 29.4GB.
In the previous image at the end of the last column, we have our results from testing the card with a standard USB 3.0 card reader. As you can see, we reached 47 MB/s read and 45 MB/s write.
We installed the new SDDR-329 UHS II card reader and gave the drive another spin. As you can see, we gained quite a bit of performance, reaching 241 MB/s read and 203 MB/s write.
Due to the relatively young age of the technology, the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS II card didn't fare too well in Price/Performance. As time progresses, this card should make its way up the chart.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS II memory card is quite certainly the quickest SD solution we have ever tested. In fact, it might be the quickest memory card we have seen. The build quality is great, as expected, and no issues were seen during testing.
Performance of the card was quite surprising to say the least. 240 MB/s is certainly nothing to sneeze at, especially for enthusiasts that can put this new technology to work. Price/Performance didn't show the strong point of the Extreme Pro, but as I said, it should start moving up as the technology moves into the market.
MSRP of the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS II in the 32GB capacity is set at $129.99 with a lifetime warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS II for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS II retails for $124.95 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions