As far as network storage is concerned, two and four bay appliances sell like hotcakes. Recognizing this, Western Digital, having previously launched MyCloud EX4, went to the drawing board to refine their cloud storage solution. The end result of this refinement is the product we have in house today, the MyCloud EX2.
The MyCloud EX2 features a design some will be familiar with. With the exterior, we have something that compliments the MyBook lineup, a tried and true design that most of us love for its simplicity and elegant curves. Internally, the drawing board comes into play. Here we have an upgraded SoC in the form of the Armada 370 operating at 1.2GHz, alongside 512MB of DRAM, with a single Gigabit Ethernet port placed on the back of the unit and dual USB 3.0 ports rounding out the I/O connections.
This new two-bay storage solution is available in 4TB, 6TB and 8TB capacities, all of which are setup from the factory in RAID 1. There is also a diskless option available from WD.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
MSRP for the WD MyCloud EX2 in the 4TB capacity is set at $369.99, while the 6TB model is listed at $469.99 and the 8TB at $569.99. The Diskless option can be had for $199.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [WD MyCloud EX2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and NAS Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Random and Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Consumer Multi Client]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ