Inside the Neon
Upon first removing the screws, the halves almost fall apart with no tricky clips or anything to force free. For better access, we did have to disconnect a clip that carries the signal from the switches on the top PCB to the lower PCB for the MCU to translate.
To be really honest, even after much hunting, we were unable to pin down the manufacturer of the circular H logo found on these red switches for the side buttons that are slightly softer to use and have a faint click to them. The pad style switch in the middle is for the DPI selection and is just as light in pressure to activate.
Under the left click button, we find the Omron D2FC-F-7N white switches that will offer a couple of million clicks worth of a lifespan for accurate, medium pressure activation with an audible click to it.
Rather than going with the top-tier in laser sensors and 8200 DPI worth of uncontrollability, they opted to use the more controllable 6400 DPI maximum of the Avago ADNS A9500 laser sensor to track all movement.
To the left, we see the EEPROM chip marked with FM24C128A, but to the right of it, we see a blank top to the MCU. We assume it is 16-bit, and we know there is 128kb of useable space, but which maker and the exact MCU is anyone's guess.
Along with a matching Omron switch for the right click button, just inside of it, we find another switch that is new to us. We're not exactly sure if it is a JO, a CF, or a Cr logo, but we do know it takes some decent force to activate the scroll wheel click, and there is a defined feel but no audible click to it.
Out of the box, the mouse was set to a midrange setting DPI setting of 1800, and, to designate that, the LED under the dot and the wheel are green. 800 DPI is red, 3500 is blue, and 6400 is teal. While the DPI can be changed, the lighting for each cannot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Ozone Neon Precision Laser Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Neon]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 8nm Exynos 9820, dedicated NPU, 8K video
- Xbox boss says he's 'very excited' about next-gen Xbox
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered for the PC
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms