Range extenders have been a part of wireless networking since the beginning. While most of us can get by with a router, for those that have large areas to cover, or want increased speeds at long ranges, these devices fit the bill. Amped Wireless has a great history with their line of wireless range extenders, and not just in the traditional networking arena, but also with the hobby market and RC helicopters.
The Amped Wireless REA20 is a dual band 802.11AC range extender, built upon the same platform as the RTA15 we looked at a few months back. In fact, to differentiate between the two, Amped has placed the REA20 inside a white enclosure, rather than the black of the RTA15.
Internally, the REA20 features a 2.4GHz radio capable of 802.11n speeds up to 300Mbps, and a 5GHz radio capable of 867Mbps via 802.11ac, both of which are backed by high power amplifiers.
With these capabilities, the REA20 can extend your wireless network an additional 10,000 sq. ft., and provide added wired gigabit ports to nearby devices.
Pricing and Availability
The Amped Wireless REA20 carries a MSRP of $199.99 with a one-year warranty; availability of the range extender is quite high.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless REA20 Dual Band AC Range Extender for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Amped Wireless REA20 Dual Band AC Range Extender retails for $191.82 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure