Range extenders have been a part of wireless networking since the beginning. While most of us can get by with a router, for those that have large areas to cover, or want increased speeds at long ranges, these devices fit the bill. Amped Wireless has a great history with their line of wireless range extenders, and not just in the traditional networking arena, but also with the hobby market and RC helicopters.
The Amped Wireless REA20 is a dual band 802.11AC range extender, built upon the same platform as the RTA15 we looked at a few months back. In fact, to differentiate between the two, Amped has placed the REA20 inside a white enclosure, rather than the black of the RTA15.
Internally, the REA20 features a 2.4GHz radio capable of 802.11n speeds up to 300Mbps, and a 5GHz radio capable of 867Mbps via 802.11ac, both of which are backed by high power amplifiers.
With these capabilities, the REA20 can extend your wireless network an additional 10,000 sq. ft., and provide added wired gigabit ports to nearby devices.
Pricing and Availability
The Amped Wireless REA20 carries a MSRP of $199.99 with a one-year warranty; availability of the range extender is quite high.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless REA20 Dual Band AC Range Extender for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Amped Wireless REA20 Dual Band AC Range Extender retails for $191.82 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- All the legit Destiny 2 deals for PC during release week
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard