Thermaltake's LUXA2 division has a new, stylish charger on the market with its PL2 6000mAh Battery Power Pack. It looks great, feels great, has some cool features, and isn't priced too badly either.
We'll get the specifications and details of the PL2 out of the way. As you can see above, we have a 6000mAh battery, which takes around 7.5 hours to charge (the unit took a little less to charge in my testing), and weighs 159g.
Amazon currently has the LUXA2 PL2 6000mAh Battery Power Pack for $66, which is not bad considering its build quality, style, and included built-in flashlight.
We'll take a look around the LUXA2 PL2 Battery Power Pack, to show you what it is capable of, and its little superpower too.
We'll start on the back of the device, which has had its details stamped into its leather design. The leather feel on the PL2 feels very premium, and justifies its cost.
At the bottom of the PL2, we have the LUXA2 branding.
There are three LEDs which light up a gorgeous blue color, indicating how much charge you have left in the LUXA PL2 charger.
On the very bottom of the PL2, we have from left to right: an LED flashlight (which is extremely bright!), a full-sized USB port, and microUSB port for charging.
On the very top, we have...well, nothing!
On the side of the PL2, we have the power button, which turns the charger on to charge up your device, but by double pressing it, it will turn the built-in flashlight.
In my testing of the LUXA2 PL2, I used it to charge up my Nexus 5 smartphone a few times. I was able to charge up my Nexus 5 twice fully, with a little bit of juice to play around with the built-in flashlight.
Speaking of the flashlight: It is impressive! I find flashlights built into portable chargers quite useful these days; as I was coming home one night and had to walk through my dreaded rosebushes. My rosebushes attract large spiders, who think it might be fun to lay massive 10-foot-wide webs between them.
Well, I can solve that - I'll just whip out my LUXA2 PL2 charger, and turn its flashlight on. LUXA2, you saved my life, I nearly walked into a massive spider web, and would have if I didn't use the flashlight. Sure, I could've used my smartphone as a light, but the LUXA2 PL2 was in my pocket, and its flashlight is much brighter.
LUXA2 has proven very quickly that it is capable of making very stylish, but practical devices. So if you're in the market for a new portable charger that has style and power (pun intended) for a great price, look no further than the LUXA2 PL2 6000mAh Battery Power Pack.
PRICING: You can find the LUXA2 PL2 6000mAh Battery Power Pack for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The LUXA2 PL2 6000mAh Battery Power Pack retails for $66.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit