For many of us, storage needs expand at a rapid pace. Such was the case for myself when I had the chance to upgrade my personal NAS appliance from a two bay unit, to a larger, more powerful, four bay appliance. Though, after migrating all of my data, I quickly realized I was running out of storage, and would need to look for a solution. Being that I was using a QNAP appliance, I looked over the expanders directly available from the manufacturer, and soon realized they were out of my budget.
That is when I remembered some of the products I have seen previously from Teratrend; so I decided to go have a look at the possible options they might provide. Lo and behold, they manufacture just what I needed, a rackmount four bay enclosure: the RS431U. The RS431U features four tray-less drive bays.
Each drive bay has its own activity indicator LEDs, in addition to RAID 0,1,3,5, and 10 supports, and combine mode. Data connectivity is managed via the rear mounted USB 3.0 or eSATA ports, which should give plenty of throughput for daily activities.
The Teratrend RS431U carries a street price of $368.99, with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit