Here we see the main CPU socket area, which is a little bit tight next to the DIMM sockets and the power circuit heat sink. The RAM sockets are orientated across the motherboard and coupled with a close fit for the CPU heat sink, this might cause an airflow problem, but in our testing this was not really an issue.
Just to the right of the CPU socket you can see the Trusted Platform Module/Port 80 Connector. Located at the top right you can see the onboard power switch, which is a nice extra feature to have.
The back I/O panel has a standard layout and includes a CMOS reset button down in between the Thunderbolt port and the first USB/Network stack. We like the idea of having a CMOS reset switch on the back I/O plate and this one has a small button so you do not hit it by mistake.
On the front of the motherboard you can see eight SATA3 ports. From left to right are the six SATA3 ports via PCH (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10) and the ASM1061 controls the last two SATA3 ports on the far right.
Here is a front left top down view of the X10SAT, which shows the various header locations and the Intel C226 chipset heat sink location. Just below is the BIOS chip, which is in a socket for easy replacement, if needed.
The upper left side of the X10SAT shows again a standard layout with a few jumper to note. On the right side, you can find two blue jumper blocks, which allow you to disable LAN ports 1 and 2, if you need to.
Over on the left side you can find two, blue jumper blocks and these allow you to enable the PCI SMB (System Management Bus), which improves system management for the PCI slots, these are disabled by default.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card