Benchmarks - Power Consumption and Acoustics
Our power consumption testing involves running the power supply from the NAS through the output on our Kill-A-Watt meter. Results are recorded at several intervals including Idle, peak and after the drives enter standby.
Above, we have our results from the power consumption testing. During our workload testing, the 5Big Thunderbolt reached a peak power consumption of 49 watts, following an idle period that initial 49 watts dropped to 36 watts. After the drives were spun down, the 5Big used a mere 5 watts of power.
Acoustics are measured from a distance of one foot with our IEC Type II Sound Level Meter.
Thanks to the collaboration with Noctua, the LaCie 5Big Thunderbolt enjoys a bit of silence with a peak reading of 31.9dBa.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the 5Big Thunderbolt]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput, Random and Sequential Workloads]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Power Consumption and Acoustics]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Thunderbolt on OS X 10.8]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz