Antec's High Current Gamer series has proven to be a success from day one. When the series was introduced, it was focused on gamers with multi-GPU systems needing quality power at a decent cost. As time has gone by, Antec has evolved the series to cater to a wider audience. First they added more wattages to reach out to those who didn't need as much power. Then they added modular cabling to allow for tidier installations.
Antec's latest installation of the HCG series starts by adding modular cables to the 750W variant. That isn't all though as the new HCG-750M adds a white LED fan to the mix to light things up. Perhaps one of the best things about doing this is that Antec placed a switch on the unit allowing users to turn the LEDs on or off as desired.
Previous iterations of the HCG have done very well in our tests, so we have some high hopes for this one just by looking at the specifications below.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec's new HCG-750M features a pair of 12V rails. Each are rated for 40A each with a combined output of 62A or 744W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the HCG-750M is 750W.
The HCG-750 does a good job of filling out our Feature Summary. It doesn't miss a beat when it comes to protections, even making sure that over-temperature protection is covered. The HCG-750M is partially modular. All cables both native and modular are fully sleeved. It is 80 PLUS Bronze certified and although it is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, Antec rates the unit for it at 40C.
Antec lists the HCG-750M with an MSRP of $149. This seems a little bit on the high side, but if you do some shopping around, you will find it at a much more reasonable price. Newegg, at the time of writing, has the HCG-750M listed for $99.98 after rebates and shipping. That's much more enticing and reasonable considering the output and efficiency of the unit. Antec backs the HCG-750M with a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit