Antec's High Current Gamer series has proven to be a success from day one. When the series was introduced, it was focused on gamers with multi-GPU systems needing quality power at a decent cost. As time has gone by, Antec has evolved the series to cater to a wider audience. First they added more wattages to reach out to those who didn't need as much power. Then they added modular cabling to allow for tidier installations.
Antec's latest installation of the HCG series starts by adding modular cables to the 750W variant. That isn't all though as the new HCG-750M adds a white LED fan to the mix to light things up. Perhaps one of the best things about doing this is that Antec placed a switch on the unit allowing users to turn the LEDs on or off as desired.
Previous iterations of the HCG have done very well in our tests, so we have some high hopes for this one just by looking at the specifications below.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec's new HCG-750M features a pair of 12V rails. Each are rated for 40A each with a combined output of 62A or 744W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the HCG-750M is 750W.
The HCG-750 does a good job of filling out our Feature Summary. It doesn't miss a beat when it comes to protections, even making sure that over-temperature protection is covered. The HCG-750M is partially modular. All cables both native and modular are fully sleeved. It is 80 PLUS Bronze certified and although it is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, Antec rates the unit for it at 40C.
Antec lists the HCG-750M with an MSRP of $149. This seems a little bit on the high side, but if you do some shopping around, you will find it at a much more reasonable price. Newegg, at the time of writing, has the HCG-750M listed for $99.98 after rebates and shipping. That's much more enticing and reasonable considering the output and efficiency of the unit. Antec backs the HCG-750M with a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower