NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
To setup the TerraMaster F2 NAS 2, we entered the web setup menu by entering the IP address into our web browser. This menu system is a much needed upgrade to the previous implementation and allows a streamlined setup process.
Moving through setup, the fourth menu item allows you to enable the services you will use.
Initial RAID setup is configured in the sixth menu, here you will find options for RAID 0, RAID 1 along with single disk mode and JBOD.
After initial setup, the web admin page redirects and allows you to login.
Entering the administration panel, you will find an interface that resembles the old QNAP setup.
The System Administration tab allows you to adjust network settings, control power management features, along with direct access to the firmware update function.
Access Right Management allows configuration of users and user groups. Additionally you can setup shared folders and user quotas.
Disk Management allows you to setup your preferred RAID mode. Other features include drive encryption and iSCSI.
The Network Services menu carries the configuration for many of the network services we have come to love. In here, we have SAMBA, AFP, NFS, FTP and SSH to name a few.
Within the Application Server menu, TerraMaster has added a slew of server apps. MySQL, PT Download and iTunes Server are included.
Moving over to the backup menu, we find remote replication through Rsync, along with Time Machine for Apple users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions